Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

DFW good places to ride dirt bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:46 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Default DFW good places to ride dirt bikes?

A friend and I would really like to own dirt bikes again neither of us have had one in over 10 years. Problem is we don't know of any places close by to ride and this has what has kept me from buying one. There use to be a great place off 360 south of 183 but I have been told you will get in serious trouble going back there now.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Joe Diver
CF Enhanced Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

You came to the right place!

360/Trinity is a risk....not supposed to be there but people go. Personally, I don't like it...it sux....

Marshall Creek is just outside of Trophy Club on Lake Grapevine. We go out there and there's lots of trails that the 4X4's can't get to. I think it's like $5 plus a car charge. Best close place for trails.

Red River Cycle trails is THE place to go. It's fondly referred to as Muenster. It's north of Muenster on the Red River...there's so much you can get lost. Pack a picnic lunch and bring water, gas, whatever...it's way out there in the boonies, but WELL worth the 1.5 hour drive from DFW. $8 per person, per day...primitive camping for overnights Friday and Saturday night.

There are plenty of MX tracks around too, if you'd rather do that, and there are lots of other places to ride...

Check: http://www.dirtrider.net/

Check: http://www.texasoffroad.net/home/ka.php

I'm Joe Diver at both places....if you get bikes, hit me up. I've got a KDX220, my buddy has a CR250 and his wife rides a TTR125. If the weather is good, we're makin' dust....c'mon and ride with us!

Old 08-16-2005, 06:13 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Cool/thank, I use to go up to Red River years ago. I will have to go check Marshall Creek out in my 4x4. What my friend and I really want is a place that we could go after work during the week.

I was thinking of getting a 125 since I am only 5 8" and 160 pounds. We weren't really looking for MX tracks they are fun but not what what we are looking for.

If I get a bike I will try to get in touch it is always fun to ride with others.

Rob
Old 08-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Joe Diver
CF Enhanced Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Sure...get on Dirt Rider, under the North Texas Smack Pack forum. Folks plan weekend rides and meets all the time.

There's a really big gathering in mid October called Dirt Week, up in Oklahoma. It's a week of camping, MX races, trails, enduro, pit bike races, and all the open riding you can handle. There's BBQ each night, vendors giving away lots of $$ in goodies, prizes...and even some pro riders come out and do clinics. It's like Cruise In for dirt bikes....I can't wait! Signed up, vacation approved....
Old 08-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Anthony Cleveland
Pro

Small world, I am trying to sell my 01 929 in order to get a dirt bike. We use to hit all of the places mentioned above. Too much fun!
I will try catching up with you guys when I get one.

Get notified of new replies

To DFW good places to ride dirt bikes?

Quick Reply: DFW good places to ride dirt bikes?