Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvette Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 03:25 PM
c5arlen
Melting Slicks

Received 865 Likes on 618 Posts

From golf ***** to Corvettes... Keep your head down and follow thru!
Old 01-05-2023, 03:57 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,317 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by c5arlen
From golf ***** to Corvettes... Keep your head down and follow thru!
According to the C4 people, the C5 and up was built around a golf bag. I played 1 game of golf in my life. Never again. I do have the expletives down though.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:27 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,404 Likes on 3,570 Posts

You might wish to read the relevant thread on the C8 general forum here.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:39 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,566 Likes on 3,631 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

They use to be Vender here on the forum, and all they did was give us the run around, including myself!
Old 01-05-2023, 09:40 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,204 Likes on 708 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I'm saying you can be a sponsor if you pay and don't have a bad rep. If you are bad to your customers and there are a lot of complaints on your service/business, you will be dropped from the forum.

I have no clue how a sponsor is vetted. I don't care. I respond to the gripes from the forum members.

If you'd like to know how the sponsors are vetted, I'd recommend you contact the IB staff or an Admin.

Elmer
this
Old 01-06-2023, 08:08 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,922 Likes on 3,117 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by vetteish
Idk how corvette mods made it this long. I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone having a good experience (obviously someone has)
They were thrown out of here for a reason, maybe some new management will change that
Old 01-06-2023, 08:17 AM
ChiefBoats

Location: NNCC No Name Car Crew Owned 1 C2, 2 C3's, 1 C4, 3 C5's, 1 C6, 2 C7's Now '81, '86, '03.
Received 4,009 Likes on 1,647 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C3 of the Year Wnner - Unmodified
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

A good bit of these vendors don't make anything, I call them "freight forwarders", just a middleman. Most don't have any product knowledge, receive, repackage, mark up the price, send. But that's the established business model of today.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Top Flight Automotive
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 93 Likes on 36 Posts

Top Flight Automotive was founded in 1977 as Corvette America. We have been supplying the Corvette industry for nearly 50 years and are the Global leader and number one source for Corvette parts, interiors, and accessories and has earned its reputation for excellent service and quality parts. If you have bought Corvette parts from Central, Zip, RPI, Ecklers or even your local restoration shop, you were more than likely buying products manufactured by Corvette America.

Recently, we acquired the assets of Corvette Mods and, on January 4th, formally merged their product catalog onto our website. Corvette Mods offered a large selection of great products and there are literally thousands of customers who had a great purchasing experience. But there's no question the experience some customers had with Corvette Mods prior ownership led to understandable anger. Because of this, the entire Corvette Mods business is being integrated into our headquarters in Reedsville, Pennsylvania to improve customer service, in-stock inventory, and quality.

We have the largest C1 to C8 Corvette product portfolio on the planet and we look forward to serving your needs in the years ahead.

Respectfully,
Top Flight Automotive
Old 01-06-2023, 03:54 PM
Top Flight Automotive

Originally Posted by rheavn
A couple months ago I called Top Flight with a question about a product they sell. The gentleman did not know the answer, but said he would email the vendor and call me back. Still waiting........................
We’re sorry to hear that your experience was not up to our standards. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and I apologize we missed the mark on your call.

My name is Ron Aurand, and I am the Sales Manager here at Top Flight Automotive. Please reach out to me at rona@topflightautomotive.com or call me directly at (833) 486-7354 ext. 220

I would like to hear more about your experience and will be happy to get you an answer to your question as soon as possible!
Old 01-06-2023, 04:38 PM
ChiefBoats

Location: NNCC No Name Car Crew Owned 1 C2, 2 C3's, 1 C4, 3 C5's, 1 C6, 2 C7's Now '81, '86, '03.

Originally Posted by Top Flight Automotive
Top Flight Automotive was founded in 1977 as Corvette America. We have been supplying the Corvette industry for nearly 50 years and are the Global leader and number one source for Corvette parts, interiors, and accessories and has earned its reputation for excellent service and quality parts. If you have bought Corvette parts from Central, Zip, RPI, Ecklers or even your local restoration shop, you were more than likely buying products manufactured by Corvette America.

Recently, we acquired the assets of Corvette Mods and, on January 4th, formally merged their product catalog onto our website. Corvette Mods offered a large selection of great products and there are literally thousands of customers who had a great purchasing experience. But there's no question the experience some customers had with Corvette Mods prior ownership led to understandable anger. Because of this, the entire Corvette Mods business is being integrated into our headquarters in Reedsville, Pennsylvania to improve customer service, in-stock inventory, and quality.

We have the largest C1 to C8 Corvette product portfolio on the planet and we look forward to serving your needs in the years ahead.

Respectfully,
Top Flight Automotive
Question. Did you take on the same employees as the former Corvette Mods had on staff?
Old 01-06-2023, 05:00 PM
Top Flight Automotive

Originally Posted by ChiefBoats
Question. Did you take on the same employees as the former Corvette Mods had on staff?
Every Mods employee was interviewed, audited and researched. The bad apples did NOT make the cut. Those that gave it their all AND understand the Corvette platform and how important the Corvette community is to US were kept on.

We have a robust remote work program here at Corvette America AND Top Flight Automotive, so having good people across the country in the regions we service, just makes sense. However, you can rest assured, ANY employee that does not respect the Corvette Community and VALUE their loyalty will be appropriately dealt with.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:02 AM
ChiefBoats

Every Mods employee was interviewed, audited and researched. The bad apples did NOT make the cut. Those that gave it their all AND understand the Corvette platform and how important the Corvette community is to US were kept on.

We have a robust remote work program here at Corvette America AND Top Flight Automotive, so having good people across the country in the regions we service, just makes sense. However, you can rest assured, ANY employee that does not respect the Corvette Community and VALUE their loyalty will be appropriately dealt with.
Thanks for the response.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:04 AM
rheavn
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Ron,
When I didn't get a call back from your employee in a timely manner, I called another vendor of the product I was looking for. They answered my question and I purchased the item from them.

Now you know the rest of the story................................... ...............................
Old 01-07-2023, 10:16 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 862 Posts

You have a lot of damage control to do if you want anyone to buy from Top Flight. I'm still in the camp of unless you fire all of the Corvette Mods employee's then I'm not interested. I'll need to see some positive reviews that forum members post regarding their experience with Top Flight before I ever consider buying anything. I hope that Top Fight can prove to be a valued retailer for our community, but I'll wait for others to share their experience first. It was a good first step to provide your direct contact info. Time will tell..
Old 01-07-2023, 10:35 AM
ChiefBoats

Originally Posted by Internets_Ninja
You have a lot of damage control to do if you want anyone to buy from Top Flight. I'm still in the camp of unless you fire all of the Corvette Mods employee's then I'm not interested. I'll need to see some positive reviews that forum members post regarding their experience with Top Flight before I ever consider buying anything. I hope that Top Fight can prove to be a valued retailer for our community, but I'll wait for others to share their experience first. It was a good first step to provide your direct contact info. Time will tell..
I can agree, there are quite few folks that have gone through a frustrating ordeal with the incompetence, arrogance, and ignorance of that staff there.
Now that I know that employees are still on the payroll and dealing out of the same place, I really don't see any change for the good happening.
Good luck to Top Flight if it works out.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:35 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ChiefBoats
I can agree, there are quite few folks that have gone through a frustrating ordeal with the incompetence, arrogance, and ignorance of that staff there.
Now that I know that employees are still on the payroll and dealing out of the same place, I really don't see any change for the good happening.
Good luck to Top Flight if it works out.
Hard to say. I've see bad employees corrupt good ones but never the other way. If they can make the bad ones toe the line or leave, it could turn things around. But as said, time will tell.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 263 Likes on 213 Posts

I think it's good that Top Flight was transparent about their purchase of Corvette Mods. They could have said nothing and just absorbed them into TF, but sooner or later word would have gotten out. I have restored a lot of different makes of cars and trucks over the years and bought a lot of different non-Corvette parts, and it always amazed me that CM continued screwing people and didn't end up in jail. I'm sure TF did their due-diligence and fully understood the reputation that came with the purchase. I wish them luck in trying to stop the old CM employees from continuing to have the CM mindset.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Mods

Old 01-07-2023, 02:04 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Duke94
I think it's good that Top Flight was transparent about their purchase of Corvette Mods. They could have said nothing and just absorbed them into TF, but sooner or later word would have gotten out. I have restored a lot of different makes of cars and trucks over the years and bought a lot of different non-Corvette parts, and it always amazed me that CM continued screwing people and didn't end up in jail. I'm sure TF did their due-diligence and fully understood the reputation that came with the purchase. I wish them luck in trying to stop the old CM employees from continuing to have the CM mindset.
I never understood the rationale of taking the name of a bad company myself but if the new company does not like the way you work, terminate and rehire would be an option. You set the standards and dismiss anyone who doesn't comply.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:45 PM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 283 Posts

It's suspect at a minimum. Modern gen auto is corvette mods and operated out of the same building. When my order of poor quality parts finally arrived from modern gen auto last year after filing a dispute with the CC company it was packaged in corvette mods packing. The website for modern gen auto is still operational and I can't find mention of new ownership on that site. Until more information is given I'd stay away. Probably best to stay away at all costs until they can demonstrate they have things fixed in my opinion.

Last edited by Iowa; 01-07-2023 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:34 AM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

TF has been around for years. Ever hear of Corvette America? Same outfit. I've been buying from them since my first C4. Never an issue. Corvette Mods on the other hand....
I see this as great news.

Quick Reply: Corvette Mods