Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvette Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 01:59 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,317 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by Iowa
Probably best to stay away at all costs until they can demonstrate they have things fixed in my opinion.
When people say that, it sounds reasonable and fair. I like reasonable and fair. As long as we stay away, they can never demonstrate it. Until they have demonstrated it, we will stay away. Isn't that the definition of "Catch 22"? Maybe a more truthful way to put it is "I don't want to put my money there until other people prove it is safe with their money for me."?
Old 01-08-2023, 06:04 AM
Zealot
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

My real problem is that they have integrated the CM catalog with the TF catalog. I haven't heard bad things about TF, but now I can't tell if I'm ordering from TF or the remnants of CM, so I just won't order from them.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:39 AM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 451 Likes on 273 Posts

It's suspect at a minimum. Modern gen auto is corvette mods and operated out of the same building. When my order of poor quality parts finally arrived from modern gen auto last year after filing a dispute with the CC company it was packaged in corvette mods packing. The website for modern gen auto is still operational and I can't find mention of new ownership on that site. Until more information is given I'd stay away. Probably best to stay away at all costs until they can demonstrate they have things fixed in my opinion.
Well that's a real surprise that Modern Gen Auto is still in business. You're correct that CM and MGA are the same... I would think that MGA would be eliminated when CM absorbed into TF...
Hmmm. This gets confusing and messy...
Old 01-08-2023, 10:13 AM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Well that's a real surprise that Modern Gen Auto is still in business. You're correct that CM and MGA are the same... I would think that MGA would be eliminated when CM absorbed into TF...
Yes. You have 2 trash companies at the same location. One gets bought and they say they are going to clean it up. Now we have 1 bad and one good company offering similar products from the same place? I'm really trying to understand.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:30 AM
Iowa
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
When people say that, it sounds reasonable and fair. I like reasonable and fair. As long as we stay away, they can never demonstrate it. Until they have demonstrated it, we will stay away. Isn't that the definition of "Catch 22"? Maybe a more truthful way to put it is "I don't want to put my money there until other people prove it is safe with their money for me."?
Not at all, but a generic message that they've provided doesn't go deep enough. I would like to understand what's going on with modern gen auto. I bought my car a year ago and saw thousands of dollars worth of stuff I wanted from corvette mods. It was disappointing to find out their reputation. If Top Flight can turn it around it is a benefit to everyone who owns a corvette. I've ordered parts from Top Flight without issue, the corvette mods name and reputation has a ton of damage. There is another site where a few members have said Top flight refunded or made right purchases from corvette mods before it was sold. They didn't have to do that, but it was certainly a step in the right direction.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 451 Likes on 273 Posts

a generic message that they've provided doesn't go deep enough. I would like to understand what's going on with modern gen auto.
Agree with that Iowa... Let's see what they say about MGA...
Old 01-08-2023, 05:09 PM
Top Flight Automotive
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 93 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Modern Gen

Not at all, but a generic message that they've provided doesn't go deep enough. I would like to understand what's going on with modern gen auto. I bought my car a year ago and saw thousands of dollars worth of stuff I wanted from corvette mods. It was disappointing to find out their reputation. If Top Flight can turn it around it is a benefit to everyone who owns a corvette. I've ordered parts from Top Flight without issue, the corvette mods name and reputation has a ton of damage. There is another site where a few members have said Top flight refunded or made right purchases from corvette mods before it was sold. They didn't have to do that, but it was certainly a step in the right direction.
Agree with that Iowa... Let's see what they say about MGA...
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jim Wegielewski, I'm a Product Manager at Top Flight Automotive and have been with them since February 2006. I'm one of five who've been working daily with the data to integrate Corvette Mods product catalog. I wanted to make sure you realized we're taking concerns seriously so I'm jumping in with I know, whatever I leave off Mike & Ron who've commented earlier can fill in Monday.

We did purchase moderngenauto.com as well as discountautomods.com with the asset purchase of Corvette Mods. The Product Management Team took on Corvette Mods' catalog first, which is why MGA & DAM are still up. Orders placed on MGA/DAM have been processed by Top Flight since the initial acquisition of Corvette Mods assets. As far as formal integration plans and timelines for those two sites, that's outside my purview and would be irresponsible to guess what's next and when. But I can 100% guarantee we own those domains and we're processing the orders from them.

I did reach out to the Marketing Team to alert them popups indicating the change in ownership were not appearing on those sites. Thanks for the call-out on that.

Hopefully this belies some concerns raised.

--
Jim Wegielewski
Old 01-08-2023, 05:21 PM
ChiefBoats

Location: NNCC No Name Car Crew Owned 1 C2, 2 C3's, 1 C4, 3 C5's, 1 C6, 2 C7's Now '81, '86, '03.
Received 4,009 Likes on 1,647 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C3 of the Year Wnner - Unmodified
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Jim, this is my main concern:

"I can agree, there are quite few folks that have gone through a frustrating ordeal with the incompetence, arrogance, and ignorance of that staff there.
Now that I know that employees are still on the payroll and dealing out of the same place, I really don't see any change for the good happening.
Good luck to Top Flight if it works out."

Thanks for responding.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:42 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,566 Likes on 3,631 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I'm sorry, when I go to your website and Corvette Mods, it scares me who I am dealing, I had more then one bad experience cause the first time I didn't learn my lesson and see there name tell me to pass it up. No matter what you are selling I might want, in the past when I bought from Corvette America, was pleased with your products and support, but now I'll run for now to see what gets posted in coming months.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:01 PM
^&right
Burning Brakes

Received 415 Likes on 198 Posts

@Top Flight Automotive can I offer some constructive criticism. PLEASE clean up your shopping pages a bit. For instance selecting a C7 accessory ----

There are no less than 10 icons for custom window decals. All show the same color car with the same generic decal.. May I suggest one icon with a drop down menu with the colors that cost a bit more simply reflecting that when chosen. Same goes for the GS hash marks. Same CF look on an orange fender to advertise 5 colors available. Not easy to look through. In fact its confusing at a glance trying to pick out a color amongst those icons when only one word is different.

Also, PLEASE stop sticking every product you offer into generic accessories for every Corvette made between 1953 and 2023. Why am I seeing a 7" back up screen and an aftermarket back up camera for a C7? Audio equipment for a car that it is in no way compatible with without reengineering the entire audio system? Is your $32 replacement key fob REALLY compatible with a C7/C8 Corvette? It isn't, don't list it as such. You are inviting problems by a customer who doesn't know better for which you'd be expected to furnish a return label costing you $. 20 icons for a "move over" windshield banner? This seems to be a theme throughout your shopping experience.

To sum this up just a bit, you show 253 pages of accessories for the C7 alone. As a customer, I walk away from a site like this, especially if I'm just looking for something to spend another $50 on for fun. You get the idea. I suspect you suffer from looking at your own page every day and, while it makes perfect sense to you and you are used to seeing things listed this way, look at it with a fresh set of eyes.

STOP listing every generic item under every car you offer products for. Please clean this up. It will create an easier and more pleasurable shopping experience for your customers, which equals more $$$ for you. No doubt your IT guy will hate me, but all elephants are eaten one bite at a time.

As I own a 1st Gen Mustang I wandered over there. Your interior section alone has 441 pages. Exterior 651 pages. No doubt this could also be condensed considerably with drop down menus. How much band width is this costing you?

I've read your posts about cleaning up Corvette Mods. I'm rooting for you. Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:58 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,566 Likes on 3,631 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Why is why I just got e-mail I blocked from Corvette Mods, just can't seem to get rid of them.

--------------------------------------------------
Date: 01/06/2023 - Sender: "CorvetteMods" <CorvetteMods@corvettemods.com> - Block Reason: Blocked Domain(*)
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?Up_To_15%_OFF+_FREE_Shipping!!_?= =?utf-8?Q?=e2=ad=90_Corvette
--------------------------------------------------
Date: 01/04/2023 - Sender: "CorvetteMods" <CorvetteMods@corvettemods.com> - Block Reason: Blocked Domain(*)
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?=e2=ad=90_Effective_TODAY_Corvette_M ods_is_Moving_to?= =?utf-8
Old 01-12-2023, 06:52 AM
champs65
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
I'm sorry, when I go to your website and Corvette Mods, it scares me who I am dealing, I had more then one bad experience cause the first time I didn't learn my lesson and see there name tell me to pass it up. No matter what you are selling I might want, in the past when I bought from Corvette America, was pleased with your products and support, but now I'll run for now to see what gets posted in coming months.
FWIW, just bought a set of C1 seat covers from Top Flight/CA and everything was just as I've expected in the past. I've always bought items for older generations though and never from the old Corvette Mods. There were always enough other well established, reputable vendors in the hobby before that bunch came around, so I never saw any compelling reason to use them, thank God.

It always seems like it's the "mods" and parts from the old company...diffusers, panels, carbon fiber trinkets etc for the newer generations is where people always seem to have trouble.

And that, I think is where we will see if this acquisition sinks or swims,.

Last edited by champs65; 01-12-2023 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-12-2023, 01:13 PM
Top Flight Automotive

Originally Posted by bobeast
TF has been around for years. Ever hear of Corvette America? Same outfit. I've been buying from them since my first C4. Never an issue. Corvette Mods on the other hand....
I see this as great news.
Thank you for your support!

The Mods business is now completely under our control. Rest assured, any employee that does not understand how important the Corvette community is to us as the largest Corvette Manufacturer, Distributor and Retailer in the world from C1 to C8 will be terminated. Many did not make the cut. We will always do what is right for our customers.
Old 01-12-2023, 01:35 PM
Top Flight Automotive

Simple answer is, We completed the Corvette Mods integration first, Modern Gen is next, then Discount Auto Mods. We will not be using any of the Mods or Modern Gen systems or websites going forward. All production, inventory, painting, hydro carbon, sales, quality control, shipping, tracking, etc. will be completely run out of or Headquarters in Pennsylvania where we have operated successfully as the world's largest Corvette aftermarket Manufacturer, Distributor and Retailer for nearly 50 years.

Mods is complete (we are still working on fixing some listings and pictures, Modern Gen and Discount Auto Mods will be complete in the next few months.

We would sincerely welcome the opportunity to demonstrate to you, our Customer First service as we have to hundreds of thousands of Corvette customers worldwide.

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 01-15-2023, 01:08 PM
ScottGPM
Learning to Restore a C2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Flight Automotive
Thank you for your support!

The Mods business is now completely under our control. Rest assured, any employee that does not understand how important the Corvette community is to us as the largest Corvette Manufacturer, Distributor and Retailer in the world from C1 to C8 will be terminated. Many did not make the cut. We will always do what is right for our customers.
I've purchased a fair amount from TF but not CM. Never had a problem. I can see above TF is taking the right steps to bring back integrity & customer service with the integration of the CM people from the start. They have a load to do it seems but have started in the first place required...get rid of the people that don't get the culture.

Quick Reply: Corvette Mods